Free-range Chicken (about 1.5 kg)
Preparing the chicken
- Prepare the steamer. Boil the water.
- Blanch the chopped chicken (in the same water to be use for steaming - convenient). This cleans off the scum.
- Marinate the chicken with the ginger sauce and corn flour for 2 hours.
- Dish out the chicken into the steaming tray. Ensure it is spread out in one layer.
- Steam for 15 minutes in boiling water.
- Pour into plate, garnish with coriander leaf or chopped spring onions. Sprinkle some white pepper. Serve.
Preparation for the Cekur Dipping Sauce
- 50g chopped cekur roots
- 2 small green chili, sliced
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt or taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar or taste
Heat oil in a saucepan, add in chopped cekur and garlic, sauté till aroma. Add in water, bring to boil. Add in all seasonings, and continue to simmer till slightly thicken. Serve.
Cekur is one type of local ginger, widely use in Malay cooking, you can read more here.