- 1 cup soft dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 345g plain flour
- 4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250g finely grated carrots
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and shredded
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups apple purée
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, caster sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in carrot and apple; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg whites, apple puree and oil. Stir into dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from tin to cool completely.